Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gingerbread Men

Photos to follow (when the batteries are charged, lol).

Today the kiddos decorated gingerbread men. What a lot of fun they all had, and the eating was pretty good too.

I'm going to aim this year to do something "crafty" every day with them...I doubt I'll pull it off- but you have to have goals, right?

Well, really I'm not a goals person...it;s just that I think I got a bit complacent last year...everyone ticking along relatively nicely, and I think we need a bit more excitement in our lives.

I also think I need to invite J-Man in a bit more...and it needs to be something interesting for him...even better if all three children can participate. That's not overly easy with such a big age range (10, 6 and 2), but I'll get ideas from books and the internet.

My best friend does some really cool things with her (just turned 2 year old) which is a tiny bit embarrassing really, when I think of how many things I still haven't tried with a 10 year old...I'm not in to New Year's Resolutions...but if I had to make one, it would be to add more excitement to our lives.

So, if you have any ideas for things to do at home that don't cost a lot (we're also saving up for our move...oh, and we have never saved for anything before!), then feel free to add them in the comments section :0)

No comments: