Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday- At Home


We really needed a day at home...I was tempted to take Tombliboo (and the other kids) to a Storytime...we found a magic one, where the librarian is kind to children, and interesting to listen to. She's also a goldmine of information about which books might suit which child.

I think I'd like to be her when I grow up ;0)

But, we have been out reasonably early every day this week, and most of last week as well.

Ironically, J-Man got up at 7am- today, of all days, when he had no reason to get up. He very kindly offered to look after Tombliboo so I could stay in bed. We have been trying (without success) to help Tombliboo (18 months) sleep a little better at night (he has woken every 1-2 hours all night since he was 2 months old, with very few exceptions). We weren't happy about him crying, so it was a pretty odd exercise. I have slept in J-Man's bed the last 4 nights, and he has slept in our's.

Last night was really cute...after one of his breastfeeds, I popped Tombliboo back in to bed, and he rolled over and over until he attached himself to J-Man. His big bother muttered something in his sleep, and put his arm around the little fellow...and there they stayed. It was terribly sweet.

So, J-Man and Princess stayed in their jammies until late afternoon- when the boys had a shower/bath together and Princess decided to put clothes on.

It was a happy day...lots of time to just be. I got some afghans baked, and had dinner ready early.

We had a cooked lunch, and I caught up on the washing.

Tombliboo watched Dora the Explorer on Sky (which is a rarity) and on dvd...then fell asleep sitting upright while the big kids watched The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Later he played outside, bounced on the trampoline, ran through the washing, played with a train track, and magnetic stix and balls. he helped me bake, and helped with the dinner. We found an online computer game where he only has to touch the keyboard for something new to happen.

Princess helped with the baking, and played with her ponies in J-Man's room. She also played with cuisenaire rods, and did a Bob the Builder puzzle I had got out for Tombliboo (who has shown no interest in interlocking puzzles so far). She and I put together the train track, and she played World of Warcraft with J-Man.

J-Man played World of Warcraft for the first time in ages, and spent time in his room playing Pokemon Sapphire on his gameboy. He jumped on the trampoline, played ponies with his sister, and played on mattresses in his room with Tombliboo. The big excitement for him today was a phonecall from his friend Jerry in Los Angeles.

I don't know how many times i tidied the lounge, only to have it not tidy again now...but I'm not bothered at all...hooray.

1 comment:

Stace and kids said...

Love your new blog Shell....you put me to shame with your regular posting! I don't know where my time goes these days. *sigh* Goodness how it's going to be with a new baby.
Take care, Stacey.