Friday, February 5, 2010

Update- NZ Breakers

Princess and I went to see the NZ Breakers have a training session with a bunch of homeschoolers last week. We also got to hear a bit about all the players, and go on a tour of their training facility.

The kids did some ball skills and games with one of the coaches, and it was a lot of fun.

J-Man wouldn't go- he feels that basketball is a waste of time. "Mum", he says completely seriously, "It's about putting a ball through a circle...there is absolutely no point" I still thought it just might be fun, but he didn't agree, and I knew his mind was made up.

Princess has never held a basketball in her life. It didn't matter, she loves new experiences. She a a wonderful time, and even got the phone number of another little girl she spent the day with (there were no children there she knew).

I loved watching these men, and some of the technically difficult moves they were pulling off as though they were nothing at all. I'd like to get along to a game before the season ends. I haven't been to a basketball game since I became a mum.

When I work out how, I'll add a photo from my cellphone.

No comments: